Friday, August 20, 2010

Underbelly Bar




Had a few hours to kill in town, during the festival. In theory, this should give plenty of opportunities for photographs, but to be honest the light was pretty poor on the High St (that's the Royal Mile to tourists). So I wandered down to the Underbelly to see if that was any better. It wasn't, so I bought a pint, picked up a couple of festival magazines and sat on the steps.

When I looked back up, I noticed a blond girl wandering around clearly looking for somene she'd arragned to meet*. She was wearing bright red lipstick, which really stood out from her pale skin. I took a couple of pictures, wondering how much that would be visible in the general scene.

Got home, and the pics were a bit disappointing - this was the best of a bad bunch. Photoshop allowed me to make something worthwhile out of it, adding a motion blur to the rest of the picture and keeping her "sharp". I think it would look much better if I'd actually got her in focus though.


* you don't see that too often. Generally people use their mobiles to find where each other are, rather than hang around at a pre-arranged time & place.

No comments:

Post a Comment